Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Get Moving!

I dropped my wife's car off at the shop this morning for new tires and a brake job. I thought I would wait around and let them do the job quickly. Fat chance! Instead, after waiting about 45 minutes I was told that the car wouldn't be ready until late this afternoon. What did I do? I walked home.

The nice man offered me a ride home, but I only live about a mile and a half away and I hated to miss out on a nice little walk. Walking home, I realized how thankful I was for the ability to walk and not get winded.

Almost three years ago, I could barely run a quarter mile and I decided it was time to get moving. Before my thirty-eighth birthday and after eight months of training, I ran my first marathon. Now at 41, I have completed three marathons and am about to start training for my fourth. (http://www.marathonmakeover.com/)

We are so quick to take the path of least resistance and as a culture it is killing us. I read today that within four years there will be a pill to make you lose 12% of your body weight. Wow! That is great for those at risk for heart disease or diabetes, but why wait for 4 years?! Start today and get moving!

Small steps will compound over time to give you massive results and four years from now you won't need a fat pill. 2007 is almost here and you can make a life change and get healthy! Go for it!
----------
Mark Simpson, LMFT
LifeChange Counseling Centers
www.lifechangedaily.com

No comments: