Monday, August 14, 2006

Mirror, Mirror On the Wall...

Remember Snow White and the mirror? The queen would ask the mirror who the fairest of them all was and as luck would have it - one day Snow White got top billing.

While reading this morning Jeff and Shaunti Feldhan's book - For Men Only - they stated that the nagging question that all women ask is "Am I beautiful to you?" and the question is a daily one. My wife needs to hear on a daily basis that she is beautiful to me.

For most men, they recognize their wife is beautiful but may fail to tell her so except on special occasions. I can't count the number of ladies who have stated that their husbands rarely complement them and they are starved for their husband's affirmation.

I knew I could marry Robin, when I went to see her at her grandmother's house while we were still in college. I arrived early in the morning and she was still asleep. Her grandmother let me sneak in the room and there I saw the most amazing thing - a beautiful woman asleep with NO makeup on. Right then she took my breath away and I knew I could wake up beside her every morning and feel that I was the luckiest man alive. Guess what - she still looks incredible first thing in the morning and I am still the luckiest man alive! (I don't look great but that doesn't matter!)

I find that the best time to tell her she is beautiful is first thing in the morning and all the other times she takes my breath away. Men, just like you wouldn't go one day without looking in the mirror - don't let your wife go one day without mirroring to her how beautiful she is!

In my family, I have three daughters and a wife (she tells me that it takes a lot of estrogen to balance out ALL my testosterone) and I have come to realize that in these four incredible ladies lives, I am the most important mirror in the house and I had better learn to be a talking mirror!

No comments: